Ok, I think I know what the problem with some people not being able to read my first blogs in white, they probably were reading it through a feeder, giving it a white background instead of black. Will keep the text in green now.
So I have some questions to answer, yay! I like this idea for a catch up.
First up Fat Controller asked me this...
Do you still frequent the other pubs, the Cock and the CU? Are you still boycotting the CU after the Chicken incident?
Yeah, I do occasionally go into the other pubs (well done for remembering their names FC!). Not that often as working in the Duck, I spend most of my time socialising there, as I know everybody. The swine bar has also now reopened, but their noses are so stuck up their asses charging £5 to get in after 10pm, even when there is no live music on, and charge nearly £5 a drink, we don't bother much with that place either. The CU STILL has crap food, probably only eaten there once since the fight with the cook, and was utterly disappointed, so haven't eaten there since and never recommend it to anyone else. The club does food now so that's where we do our 'ladies wot lunch', but even that's stopped because I work in the Duck on Friday lunches now.
Mel asked what my next journey was and who I'm going with.
Well, pretty much all of April is involving a LOT of journeys with different people! It all kicks off on 2nd April, Good Friday. The boys are with their dad for the Easter weekend, so I'm going up to Glasgow to spend time with my mad Scottish mate Tabby! I'm sure some tales will come out of that weekend, although I'm sure we wont be running into American Navy Seals this time!
I arrive back on Easter Monday, and that night, myself and the boys are driving to Gatwick to stay overnight, as the next day we are off to Florida! Woohoo! This is a once in a life time trip for us, doing it in style! My grandfather passed away last year, and my father gave me some of the money left to him, which I've used for holidays. We are staying at the Nick hotel for a week (kids looking forward to the 'gunge' in the pool apparently dropped out of the bucket each day). The parks I've booked is swimming with dolphins at Discovery cove, Seaworld, Universal Studios and one day at Disney. I'm so looking forward to this holiday, as it's actually the first time I've gone with the boys without anyone else. Just the 3 of us, having a lovely time I'm sure.
Then at the end of the month, I'm meeting Joie (my NZ friend who first got me into blogging) in Amsterdam for the weekend! She's got a houseboat booked in the city centre which myself and good friend Fee are joining them for two nights! Can't wait to see Joie again and meet her boyfriend. It's been two years since I have seen her...but will then be visiting her in NZ in August!
Mel also asked how my mum is...
She's great. Turned 70 in December which me and the boys went back to Oz to help celebrate. My sisters and I had been saving up for a year for her present, which was a new TV and tickets to NZ in July, she's coming over with me. Joie and I have already made the plan to dump her on Joie's mum! No joke. They've become friends over facebook.
Kahless asked me how the boys are.
They are also great. Dill is now 9, still coming out with the funniest things! I cooked a lamb roast in the slow cooker the other day and he said 'Mum, this lamb is so tender and SUCCULENT!!!' He amazes me with some of the words he comes out with at a young age. Pickle is 11, about to turn 12. He started high school in September and is absolutely loving it. Geez I'd love to go to that school! It's only about 3 years old and has all the mod cons. They don't even take money to school for their dinners, I have to place money into his account, and they pay by thumbprint! This way there is no chance of bullies taking money or cards.
Kahless also asked 'Are you happy?'
This question really made me think hard....
I've got my health, I've got my business and job, I've got two wonderful sons, and great friends. I'm not having to scrape by day to day (although may have to with all these holidays soon!). The only thing missing in my life...is a partner. It's been this way for three years, nearly six years since I left my ex. I haven't even had a SHAG for nearly a year! (and that was crap)
So the answer to the question? Yes, I am happy. I don't need a man in my life to make me happy. (after all, I still have thumper!)
But then, I was watching Neighbours the other day (don't snigger - its my way of touching base with Oz!) and Toadie said to his girlfriend 'I was chugging along with my life just me and *whatever the kids name is* and I thought I was really happy, but then you came along and I really discovered what happiness is.' Something along those lines anyway. It reminded me of when AC came into my life 3 and a half years ago, and how I felt having him about, and understood what Toadie was saying. It's the anniversary of his death next week. I think the scars from that relationship, and then Chief, is the reason why I've given up on finding love again. But I AM happy! There's just different types of happiness in peoples lives.
Right, all answered! I enjoyed that....any more questions wanted asking to catch up on my life?
Substack is bad
5 weeks ago

7 chinese whispers:
Nope--not in Reader and the post two below--white font on white background. (works to highlight it--and since it's green on white now it's all good!)
Ohhhhhhh what a cool thing for you and the kiddos.
Of course we'll want photos of the gunk swim! :-) Well, I do anyway...LOL
G-d bless the mum....and you for the gift of love. OH....Mothering Sunday!! Don't forget!! (just sayin'......)
Well I was going to ask how thumper was but I guess he is doing just fine......
Vi I really have missed your blog I am SO glad you are back... MUAH!
Hey mel! Mothers day isn't in Oz until May, but have her card and pressie ready for then! And will def do photos of the gunge, will probably take my laptop with me and update as I go!
Ken - If anything is wrong with thumper, he just gets replaced, lol!
Fantastic to catch up with your Q&As. And even better to know you are happy.
Can't beat travel for making you feel good as well, 'specially when it involves seeing family and friends in faraway places.
xx
You've got some great trips lined up for 2010. I've no questions for now, just instructions to make sure you blog about all these trips, complete with lots of photos.
Welcome Back Vi - I am so glad I kept you in my feed reader. Glad to hear you're doing so well and looking forward to catching up on all the goss! x
Thank-you for answering my questions...
xxooxx
Post a Comment