Nothing much to tell you at the moment, as I've just been working like a dog. I've taken on more shifts down the Duck to help pay for all the holidays coming up and doing that with my business, I'm knackered and well...boring. Nothing exciting going on at all.
I'm going out with Claire tomorrow night, so I'll see what we get up to is enough to post about over the weekend. She'll probably want to pop over to Bloke's and get her wicked way with him again.
That reminds me, I DID go on one date last year...with Bloke's brother, Greg.
Over the summer time last year, I spent a lot of time with Bloke, Greg and all their kids, plus Mac and Milly, but of course that little group was disbanded at the end of the summer when Milly slept with Bloke.
We were doing a lot of things, going to all sorts of summer events, having a blast. Greg is divorced, with a couple of teenage kids. He sees them once a fortnight. He's in his fourties, and an extremely funny and nice guy, not a rogue like his brother. I developed a little crush on him. He's not my usual type, looks wise. Looks nothing like Bloke (who's got that rough bad boy look/attitude) but that's because they were both adopted. Greg is tall, very thin scraggly long hair, a beard, and a stoner. But his personality I liked. I was waiting waiting WAITING for him to ask me out, but this guy doesn't recognise any signals.
Then I made the mistake of telling Claire I liked Greg. She couldn't keep her big mouth shut and told another couple, Cain and Di, that are mutual friends, who got very excited about maybe me and Greg becoming an item. They told Greg, and he was gobsmacked cause he didn't think he was in my league. And to be honest, he isn't my type, but I was thinking it was time maybe I should try someone who wasn't.
So then EVERYBODY knew and started telling him to ask me out, and asking me if he'd asked me out yet, saying it would be great if we got together. Greg has been single for years. So then, the pressure was on the two of us.....and I didn't like it. It was my little crush and I didn't like being in the spotlight and being teased about it.
Eventually Greg had the guts to ask me out, and I agreed. We went to a nice pub for a meal, had a nice time, he came back to mine for a nice chat, then left. It was...nice. But by then the crush had passed, and I realised I only liked him as a friend. I need someone more than who cuts trees down for a living (when he can find work) then gets stoned every night. So that was the end of that. I don't see much of him at the moment, but hope that in the summer time, we can actually all get back to that happy place of all going to country fairs/festivals together again. Minus Mac and Milly this time of course.
Chased
1 day ago

5 chinese whispers:
Know what you mean about busy. It's just the same here, no time to post as work has been really hectic. Still, mustn't grumble eh?
Vi: sweetie...for not havinh much going on...damn, I love to read you. You have a way of always making your posts interesting.
crushed are still cool when they happen. :)
later sweetie...
later hon. xx
I know what you mean about needing more and that need to rethink the whole dating game. I decided to give men a chance who I wouldn't normally for whatever ridiculous reason I'd dreamed up, usually 'big head, big head, BIG HEAD' I actually turned down Gangsta Guy repeatedly & that seems to be working out well now. So, um yeah, sometimes giving different men a chance is the way to go...sometimes all the chances in the world won't make them go away. Small towns and dating. Sigh.
BG Xx
PS so good to read your goings on again
You don't know what you're missing until you take a chance. Unfortunately, when you do that you sometimes learn you'd rather not know what you're missing.
FC - yeah, a pain cause this being a gossip blog and working so much, no gossip to tell!
Spiky - yeah, they dont happen much with me anymore!
Bendy - yeah, its incredibly hard to date in a small town. I've run out of guys, lol! Good to be writing again x
Hardy - Exactly, but even those chances are few and far between. Haven't had a guy shown interest in me in months! Mainly because I dont meet any new ones.
Post a Comment