CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Let's catch up with Fee and Crip...

Remember my lovely friend Fee? The very beautiful young girl who got engaged to Crip when he proposed to her in Rome?  Well I thought I'd update you on what has being going in their lives.

Well Crip lost his job at the bank he was working at in the New Year (last year). He wasn't in any hurry to find new employment as he had a good redundency package and wanted to spend the time doing his house up.

Last October I went and spent the night at their house, and Fee and I went to the movies and drinks afterwards.  She told me she wasn't happy with Crip at the moment.  As the wine flowed, so did Fee's feelings.  She was upset with how Crip had become the past few months.  He had let himself go, put on a few pounds, had lost his drive to do anything with his life apart from slothing around the house.  He was always on at Fee to make herself look fantastic (not hard to do) so he had a beautiful woman on his arm all the time, but not bothering with himself.  She said she didn't even like him touching her anymore.  She also didn't like his parenting skills with his teenage children, and didn't think he would make a good father for her children when she decided to have them. Plus she really wanted to do some travelling before settling down, but Crip didn't.  He's already settled.  Fee doesn't have that many female friends to talk to about her feelings and had bottled it all up so certainly used me to get them all out.  I felt sad because they are both my friends and didn't want to see them split, because of how long it took them to get together properly in the first place.  Crip had split up with Fee the year before because of all the reasons she was saying now.  He knew this would happen, but I was telling him it wouldn't.  Fee was telling him it wouldn't!  And now it was happening.

I told her to sit down and talk to him about it all.  Plus sleep on it and see how she felt in the morning, as by this time, we were both incredibly drunk.  So drunk we got lost trying to walk home and called Crip to try and find us. He wasn't impressed as he was in bed and didn't bother, but at least he knew what street we were in (the next suburb, they all look the same in Roundabout City where they live!) giving me an idea where we were!

The next morning, we were having a cuppa together before I headed home.  Everything seemed normal.  By the evening I received a text from Fee saying that she told Crip she didn't want to be with him anymore and had moved out.  When Fee decides to do something, she does it there and then. 

The good news is she moved back closer to Blah so we could see more of her, but not for long.  Her mother was moving to another town an hour away and Fee was going with her.  She thought the further she moved away from Crip the better chance she could start afresh.  So in the five months since the split with Crip, she's been working as a bartender in a golf club, plus doing some work as an 'extra' which she got through our gay friend Ford who's been an extra for years (I keep seeing him on Shameless, Eastenders, Coronation St). Fee's been having an absolute blast, filming on shows like Casualty, Hustle, and some movies.  She's moved out of her Mothers and is sharing with another single girl and is loving the single life, something she's really never had.  Her plan is to finish her accounting degree this year (when she can fit it in!) and then go off travelling for a year or so.  I have a feeling this isn't going to happen.  Fee is so beautiful, she's going to get discovered and become more than an extra (even though she has never acted in her life!)  As long as she remembers me when she becomes famous!!!  Hence to say, I haven't seen much of her, but she is coming to Amsterdam with me for the weekend at the end of April.  I can't wait to catch up with her properly.

And Crip, what's he up to I hear you ask???


Crip has never been single.  He's always jumped from one relationship to another.  He's the type who can't be single.  When they split, he told me he wasn't going to get into another relationship for a long time.  He was even saying that a month ago.  He's lost weight, dressing nicely again and set up his own business.

A couple of weeks ago I bumped into him walking down the street.  He was with an attractive red headed woman, in her thirties, with two small children in tow which Crip was holding the hand of one of the little boys.  He introduced her to me and she said they were on a family day out.

The next day I messaged Crip and asked who's 'family' he was on a day out with.  He told me it was someone he used to work with 14 years ago.  Didn't mention if they were romantically involved.


The next week, he changed his status on Facebook saying he was in a relationship with this woman.

I knew he couldn't be single for long!

13 chinese whispers:

Hardin said...

This sounds very similar to what happened to my daughter's relationship with her man (without the teenage children): they got married, he got laid off, he got lazy and let himself go (she says), they argued, they broke up. Only she has the new relationship, not him.

I wonder if any of Fee's shows will turn up over here.

Anonymous said...

I have a friend(ish) like Crip, she can't be single. She told my mom that she was going to be single for a long time after she got rid of her crazy boyfriend. I looked at Mom and said "Doubtful."

She's currently eying up husband number 3.

Jackie Adshead said...

I know its difficult for him to be single but maybe it would be better for him, even for just a short while. what a shame he let himself go and lost Fee in the process.

I hope she gets her dream, whether its through acting or not.

Vi said...

Hardy - She's done a movie, so when I know it's released, I'll let you know!

Jenn - I can't understand people like that. You CAN live without a partner ya know!!!

Jackie - at least it happened now and not later down the track is all I can say on the matter.

Rach said...

I hope she finds what she is looking for and how brave was she to walk away when she knew it wasn't right.

My friends husband got made redundant Christmas before last and he has gone exactly the same way as Crip and she keeps making noises about leaving him too..x

ian said...

Hi Vi - I've just caught up with the fact you're back blogging - Great news especially as the Blah soap opera seems as convoluted as ever!

PS Love your blog pic. Such sexy lips.

Spiky Zora Jones said...

OMG..it's like a soap opera.

My girl's brother did the same thing...but he never got out of his rut of just staying home...he's gone through hundreds of thbousands of dollars just being home and never venturing out. He put on about 70 pounds...wha-hey. Pity, he was one all te girls used to surround.

My friend lives near Amsterdam and I want to visit her...but I'll wait when she's in Florida for the summer...

Hhave fun in Amsterdam. xx

Young Werther said...

Who needs relationships when there's always a good book and a glass of Shiraz?

Vi said...

Rach - it seems to be happening a lot by the sound of it...the recession has hit relationships hard and well as the pockets.

Ian - Hey baby!!! Glad to have you back! Seem to lost touch with you since you dont use your twitter anymore!

Spiky - I'm in florida in two weeks time....woohoo!!!!


YW - so true mate...soooo true!

Mel said...

The good news is they're both moving on and not staying lost in how it all felt. And while I don't think the answer for me has ever been 'out of the pan and into the fire' in regards to relationships--I've done a fine job of doing that with other things in my life! LOL

I say you get her autograph NOW--before she changes her name....and sell it on ebay for a bazillion dollars and go to Bora Bora. :-/

Gumpher said...

Just found you again !

Nice to see you back at it.

Diva's Thoughts said...

It seems the split has done them both some good.

Tobiwan said...

I know the female version of Crip. It's the girl I dated last, about a year ago. We talked on the phone a few days ago and I asked her how long she had been single. 'Two weeks' is what she said, and that she 'didn't want to get back into a relationship for a while'. Then yesterday, the updated FB status. Big surprise there!

I'm not sure if I would like to have multiple failed relationships or be content to be single for years. The latter definitely allows for less baggage.