I thought it was about time I updated you on my situation with men at the moment. Well, more of an update of the men that used to be in my life!
I purused my old blog to see where I left you. Only two were sort of in my life at the beginning of last year.
There was Fed. The guy who pursued me for a year before I succumb, to then find out he was two timing me with his ex Nicky. Well they were on again for major part of the year...until on New years eve, he got incredibly drunk and called her a slut for becoming a teenage mum, in front of a bunch of people. She screamed and carried on when they left, beating him up on the high street, and finally dumping him! About time the stupid girl saw the light. Fed has since moved out of Blah to a nearby village, still pops in, but nobody really wants to have anything to do with him. I see him every Friday at work when he pops in for a coffee, but that's it, just aquaintances.
Then there was Liam, Hattie's brother. To recap, we shagged one night sometime in 2008, and when his ex found out about it, got back together with him. I refused to have anything more to do with him. Then they split up AGAIN, this time for good, and we ended up in bed again beginning of 2009 after he was chasing me, saying he was totally over her. She had a new boyfriend. Nothing else happened after that night, he was just scratching an itch. Not long after, Liam started dating Hattie's closet friend, Sherrie. They are still together, although they fight all the time I believe. The trouble Hattie's got into again, involves Sherrie....I'll continue that story another time.
Soooo???....I hear you ask. Any other men since then?
Only one other. Claire and I went to a wedding of a friend in July 2009, and I met Tom. He was the only single bloke there and quite cute. He was spending a lot of time with Claire and I thought he liked her. By the end of the night (in a night club in a nearby city) he told me was actually shit scared of Claire and the only reason he followed us from the wedding was he was interested in me all of the night, the only reason he was talking to Claire. Claire then ended up picking up some guy in the club we were at, and went back to our hotel room with him, leaving me with Tom, so I ended up going back to his hotel and we had a fumble. The most embarrasing thing was the next morning, going to the Little Chef restaurant next to the hotel still in my wedding garb, to join him and his friends (all couples) for breakfast (of course they all had changed, I was 10 miles from my hotel!). we swapped numbers, arranged that I go over to the where he lived the following weekend, texted quite frequently, but then the day I was supposed to go over, he acted like a total dick saying he wasn't after a relationship, when I wasn't even fucking asking for one! I didn't even enjoy our fumble at all, but liked the attention at the time.
And that's the last time I received any 'attention'. Yes, you heard it here. Vi has actually been dormant in the fella department for the last 8 months. I've decided I really cannot be bothered with ANY bloke. AC and Chief certainly stuffed that up for me back in 2007. So I spent most of 2009 concentrating on work, kids and travelling. After the Egypt holiday in Jan 2009, I took my mother to Greece in July, the kids to Cornwall in August, went to Las Vegas in October and then Oz in December.
And as I've posted earlier, this year is even more busy, so I don't have time for a fella in my life, let alone the chance to look for one.
Free...single...and loving it!
Substack is bad
5 weeks ago

20 chinese whispers:
8 months? Dang girl that is a long longggggggggggg time!
I have Thumper!
I had to look at the date in my computer to make sure it wasn't me getting my years muddled. You write about 2010 as if we have already had it.
My computer tells me it is March 18 2010.
Am I all topsy turvy or is it my eyes deceiving me.
Woof x
Example:
Only one other. Claire and I went to a wedding of a friend in July 2010, and I met Tom.
Oops! Thannks Grump! I guess I'm wishing away the year already! All fixed!
And you will be in florida and new york when???????
Lets here it for free single and loving it! Men are just more trouble than they are worth emotionally. So till one comes along that can deal with his and my feelings without needing space as a result I'm with you all the way!
xx
Hey that's great that you're free single and loving it! You're more likely to meet the right guy that way, but ONLY if its the right guy at the right time. Freedom of choice, eh! :)
So, what did you think of Las Vegas? Great place isn't it, except after four days of being there you get tired of the sound of slot machines everywhere!
Ken - Off to florida in 19 days! New York is going to be about November time, or we may decide to do LV again.
FB - Woohoo! Let's make a cult, lol!
Jackie - Oh I loved it! We went for 3 nights but it wasn't enough, will def go back again one time! We didn't even have time to gamble!
Seems to me that what you need is this:
You need a man who has a steady, well-paid job.
You need a man who can make you laugh.
You need a man you can trust.
You need a man who is dynamite in bed.
You need to make sure these four men never meet...
p.s.s. I haven't had sex in 4 years, nor made love in almost 17.
I have to straighten my own head up first. Been doing a LOT of work re: http://www.baggagereclaim.co.uk because I kept ending up chasing losers - only to find out a lot of the problem belonged at my doorstep because of my own habits/ perceptions/beliefs that led me to pick unavailable men!
So , currently single, I'm, learning what self-esteem truly looks like - and how to be alone without being lonely and reaching out for a man-fix!
I want to make a GOOD choice next time. One that will last and be mutually loving-caring-sharing-respecting.
Just having fun trying to work out who these men are...lol...good for you, we are far better off on our own..xx
FC - LOL! I'm happy with none of them.
Annie - will email you my sweet!
Rach - you can find photos on Fed on my FB, but none of Liam, for the other one, just look for photos of me at a wedding in July and see me with him in the nightclub lol.
There is so much (good) in your life already, hon; he would have to be special to find a place. Cheers for thumper!
FC .. i laughed at that list.
Well, this blog ain't going to be like your last one, unless you don't intend to pass the nine month milestone!
I thought the Fat Controller was describing me until I got to his punchline - although, dynamite only explodes once.
Vi...Las Vegas was a blast I hope. my girl's brother lives there. And so did her parents at one time...
i think you will be meeting someone that is very good fgor you in the near future...
keep your eyes open sweetie. xx
well hello! how are you?
<-- laughed at FC's list.
Single and HAPPY is something I'm really, really glad to hear for you. It's been a long, hard, difficult time for you.
I found myself alone and absolutely loving it! Made it difficult when The Brit came along to surrender it. I was a bit concerned that I'd let go of all that good stuff... Go figure I didn't have to. :-)
It's all good.
Sounds like there's plenty of adventures happening for you. And you sound really, really happy--which makes me really really happy for you. :-)
Being single is one thing,
being patiently single is another.
Enjoy it while it lasts.
Post a Comment