CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 02, 2010

The start of a crazy adventure...

Urgh, I've been running around like a mad idiot this week, trying to get everything done before my holidays start.....which do in 12 hours time!

I'm off to Glasgow tomorrow lunch time, to spend the Easter weekend with Tabby.  It looks like it may be a white Easter with all the snow they've had up there the last couple of days!  She's got two of the 3 nights planned for us to go out, one of those in the town we met the Captain and the Chief 3 years ago.  Wow, how time flies!  I fly back to Blah on Monday afternoon, to then gather my children, the second lot of suitcases I've been packing all night, and head to Gatwick airport to stay over night and then head off to Orlando Florida on Tuesday!  The only good thing about the trips being back to back, is one suitcase is full of winter clothes, and the other summer ones. 

I'm really looking forward to the Florida trip, as its the first time I'm going on holiday with just me and the children, staying in a hotel where I don't have to cook or clean during the holiday (even though there is a kitchenette in the suite) and just have a blast with them.

We will be there for seven days, and the Theme Parks visiting are Universal, Seaworld, Discovery Cove (swimming with dolphins, my favourite animal/mammal!) and Disney.  We are only bothering one day with Disney, because the kids have been to the one in Paris, and there is just so many other places to visit.  Universal seems to have overtaken Disney, and the kids were really excited (as I) that the new Harry Potter ride was opening in the Spring!  A couple of days ago, they were talking about it on the radio, it sounds so bloody cool!  Then they announced the official opening date.....June 18th!  That's not effing spring...that's summer!  I wonder how many other people are going to Universal this Easter break thinking the ride would be open by now?  Grrrrr!!!!  It's not like I'm going to be able to take the kids again.  This is a once in a lifetime holiday for them, as it's so far cost me £3500 for the flights, hotel and tickets.  We could have gone cheaper, but I want this holiday to be WOW for the boys.  Something they will look back in awe and wonder for the rest of their lives.  This was my dream holiday as a kid (even though mainly for Disney, as there was nothing like it at the time) so now I'm about to have it, and enjoy the excitement through my children.

Oh, and my laptop is coming with me, so hopefully I'll find time to blog the adventure (for the price of the hotel, the internet would WANT to be complimentary!). 

Oh, and what is else on my list of things to do?

I'm meeting Nitebyrd while I'm out there!!!!

So chow for now people, I've got a busy few days ahead of me! I hope you have a lovely Easter...what are you doing for it?

11 chinese whispers:

Liz said...

I've been to Florida and done the theme parks... and I have to say, hands down, Disney is the best. You might find different, but there really is an entirely different experience that the other parks don't seem to have.

Anyway, I'm SOOO glad you get to have this experience! Take lots of pics. :)

Diva's Thoughts said...

Wow!! You are going to be on the go lady!! lol

You guys are going to LOVE Florida. I love it when I go there.

Have a blast!!!

Joanna Cake said...

Really excited for you as it's a trip I would have loved to do with my kids when they were that age. And here's hoping that your trip oop North will produce another love of your life... with a happier ending x

PS Give nitebyrd a big hug from me!

Fire Byrd said...

Have two fantastic hols and say hello to Tigger in Disney and nitebyrd in florida for me too!
xx

DJ Kirkby said...

OMG! have an awesome time! And, please give Nitebyrd a big kiss from me, tell her I think she's amazing. xo

Indi said...

I am so envious of you for A. Going to Florida B.swimming wih dophins C. all the other stuff but most of all meeting nitebyrd totally awesome babe. I shall organise a group meeting with al my American friends when I get my book published, I may of course by then be a very old lady!! None the less I will still come to the grand ole USA to meet them all.xxxx

Fat Controller said...

Have a fantastic time with your two boys!

Say hi to Nitebyrd from me!

Brennig said...

I shall be riding much, sleeping often and eating chocolate almost all of the time.

Rach said...

Have a wonderful time Vi in both Scotland and Florida..xx

Mel said...

What a great gift to give your kiddos.....

Safe journey, ma'am. And enjoy LOTS.

Young Werther said...

Safe trip and enjoy!