Just a quick post as I am waiting for my taxi to take us to the airport to return to the UK. I've still have so much to blog about...Seaworld, Downtown Disney and Magic Kingdom. My 'review' of them if you like.
But first, I'll tell you about my meeting with Nitebyrd and her ex hubby Mulder on Saturday night!!!
Yes, the lovely Nitebyrd drove nearly two hours to Florida to meet up with me. They picked me up from my hotel, and I immediately noticed her signature read hair gleaming from the carpark! I hopped in her lovely mustang and she introduced me to Mulder. Then they bickered like an old married couple about directions, getting us lost for a bit on our way to Downtown Disney for the evening. Anyone think they were still married and not divorced! So nice that they get along so well and have remained close friends.
We went and ate at The House of Blues, and talked talked talked all night. It was so nice to have some adult conversation since I had been spending 24/7 with the children...and I had someone to nick cigs off of, cause the kids don't know I still like to smoke.
Next thing you know, it was nearly 11pm and I had to be back at the hotel at 11 to collect the children. So the pressure was on poor Nitebyrd to get me back to the hotel in time...while the rich food was playing with my stomach...and didn't want to be in it for much longer!!!! Of course we got every single red light....I'm just trying my HARDEST not to poop my pants, and Nitebyrd arrives at my hotel just at the right time, but I had to BEG the security guard to let her in, because the boys (and the toilet) were about another half mile away! (Big bloody hotel!!). So I ran like a mad woman, looking for kids, couldn't find them as door of room I left them was shut..ran all around, staff said they were in that room after all, ran back, found them the last ones there, apologised for being 5 minutes late saying 'gotta go I have tummy troubles!!!!' quickly showed my ID to collect them and BOLTED to the nearest lav, to totally release everything I consumed that evening. Never felt so much better after a toilet visit in my life!
Poor Nitebyrd and Mulder were waiting patiently by the car while all this was going on, then came up to my room for a nightcap for heading back to their hotel. Nitebyrd was sooooo sweet in giving me and the boys both presents to remind of us our Florida trip. Me a lovely palm tree watch, and the boys Dolphin caps which they love. She is such a loving giving lady, and I'm so happy I got a chance to meet you and Mulder!
Photos of our meet will follow along with others when I get the chance....gotta go now and catch a taxi to the airport!!!!
Chased
1 day ago

8 chinese whispers:
Now THAT's the way to end a trip! Safe travels home.
I can't wait to see the pictures. Glad you had a good time here in my country. lol
I'm also glad you found the toilet in time. lol
Safe travels my friend.
I don't know Moulder but Nitebird ROCKS!
Sorry the Fl food didja bad too!
I've neer had the pleasure of meeting nitebyrd but I did get some awesomely wicked necklaces of her last year.. she is one Nice lady... yes I have to agree she does rock!
Indi
xx
you lucky woman...you got to meet nitebyrd. She rocks the house. I have only ben to Fortlauderdale and Miamii and dowwn to Key West. I had a great time there.
I'm glad you all had a great time.
later sweets.xxx
So glad you're having a great time... and I think having a stomach upset is all part of that foreign travel experience :P
*laughing* NEVER a dull moment.
But you got to ride in the mustang--so it's all good! ;-)
It was a great time regardless of the "loo" emergency. It's the water, not the food. Seriously!
Your an awesome woman, Vi and your sons are lovely boys. I had a wonderful time with you and I'm glad you enjoyed it as well.
Vi, totally ROCKS! Mulder and I were so fortunate to be able to spend some time with her.
Post a Comment