After our day at Seaworld we still had some energy in us, so I decided to take the kids to Downtown Disney for dinner. Dill was jealous that I went the night before without them, because he told me the worlds largest Disney store was there. He was after an 'orange puffle'. Don't ask if you don't know, lol.
So caught a taxi there, and went to the store, but unfortunately they had NO puffles at all. These bloody little plush toys are so popular! Dill told me the orange one is rare, and sell on ebay for up to £70 (normally £6 in the shops) so that was a bit of a disapointment but he got some other 'club penguin' toys instead. (If you really want to know, it's from a goddam computer game!!!)
After shopping I took them for dinner at TREX cafe, a themed restaurant, like you are in the film 'land that time forgot'.
As you ate your meal, the ceiling changed, showing as if the meteorite hit earth to cause the ice age. One part of the cafe was like a glacier, which kept changing colour.
The kids thought it was the best place ever!
When our meals arrived, the waitress knocked over my wine, covering the table, me and my camera. Next thing you know, all staff were around me, mopping it up apologising and giving the kids free desserts for the upset. All I was concerned about was the camera, but it was fine.
One thing I like about America, is service staff are very tentative and make sure your meal is a pleasant experience. I guess because they rely on tips they have to!

8 chinese whispers:
Yep, that carrot and stick thing with the tips as major income for food servers usually works. This doesn't mean you don't ever get bad service. It means you don't get it as often.
The prospect of tips do make for great service. The restaraunt sounds like something N3S would adore.
Welcome Charlene! Yes I do find Americans wait on you a lot better in the UK, but then we don't have to rely on tips to live.
DJ - as long as he doesn't mind all the movement of the dinosaurs and all the noise in the place lol!
Ohhhh.....I'd never get my food ate! I'd be too busy watching the show. :-)
Not all waitpeople are so attentive, even if they are working for tips. Being in a "resort" area tends to kick-up the politeness and helpfulness, especially to tourists.
I've never went to the T-Rex restaurant but it does sound like fun!
Amazing photos.. personally people who wait on should be polite, they should be as quick as possible.. but like ya said nitebyrd not every one is.. bad press.
Indi
z
You're right about the tips. Many waitpeople are out of work artists and actors. It's their profession to make you feel good . . . and to buy more drinks and desserts (where the profits are).
The funny thing is, though, that I found service in Australia, where tipping is not the custom, to be just as good as at home.
That ceiling looks fabulous, I think I'd spend the whole of my time there just watching it change colour!!! Wow!!!
The service in USA certainly outshines a lot of what we're used to here!
Post a Comment