Well I survived the weekend in Glasgow and have made it to Orlando!!!!
Just a quick post because it's 9.30pm here (my body thinks 2.30am), the kids are playing in the arcade and I don't know when their money will run out, and I JUST found out.....that my blog appears WHITE in the USA, when it is BLACK in the UK!!!! So that is obviously the problem for some reason!!!! Please leave a comment in the box what colour the background is (as in the background the writing is on) and what country you are from, so I know if it's just a US thing!
My first impressions of the Nick hotel so far?
Meh.
What I'm not impressed with is the suite I have has a kitchenette, which I thought was great because I could at least do breakfast in the morning, saving a little money. Well, the kitchenette consits of a microwave, a sink, a coffee maker, a fridge...and empty cupboards. No cutlery...no bowls, no plates, no nothing. Oh some disposable cups...that's it. What the fuck is the point of supplying a microwave when there is nothing to serve the food you warm up in it or utensils to eat with? I can't even feed the children cereal in the morning!!! I have this lovely little 3 seater dining table and nothing to dine on it.
I was told by services I could BUY utensils if I want.
Unbelievable. I'm fucking paying $141 (ex tax mind you) a night and don't even get a SPOON to swirl the COFFEE you did provide me with????
You can fuck off I'm not spending any money in your overpriced 'shop'. I'm off to Walmarts in the morning to give them my money instead!
UPDATE: I have at least discovered there IS free interenet access in the room as well, not that any of the staff in the mall no this, they thought it was only free there! At least I'll be able read my fave blogs in the evenings while boys are asleep, if I won't be exhausted myself! Not now though, bed time!
Substack is bad
5 weeks ago

6 chinese whispers:
Enjoy the East Coast. I'm off to the West Coast tomorrow.
My background's white. Wonder when that happened as it was black before.
When about to enter the hilly city of San Francisco - always good to not rebreak your baby toe on your bed. I got me some mad skillz. Rethinking my shoes.
Have fun!
You survived Glasgow? When you and Tabby have got together there in the past, all sorts of adventures have ensued. Please don't tell me nothing bloggable occurred on this occasion. I can't believe you two had a quiet time!
I am staggered that your kitchenette has no crockery or cutlery. Does their advertising spell this out? If not, I think you have every right to tell the management that this is a reasonable expectation and they need to do something about it.
Here in OZ, your blog is now appearing green on white. Until a couple of days ago, it was white reversed out of solid green.
My opinion - which you probably don't want, after all it's your blog, but here it is anyway - is that big slabs of reverse type are hard to read but so also is green on white. Black on white would suit my ancient, failing eyes quite nicely! (But I'll be reading whatever.)
Jenn, what are you like you mad woman!!! I hope you find some comfy shoes to support your toe out of the 300 pairs you have.
Ian, it's not that its not bloggable with Tabby, just this was the first time I had a chance to post, and my annoyance with the hotel beat anything else, which I guess tells you nothing earth shattering happened in Glasgow, but I will fill in when I get a chance.
White background green words.
Had the same experience with a kitchenette in Berlin last year. Very odd.
Hope the hols are fantastic when you get over the jet lag.
xx
Hey Vi, its a green background on white in the UK as well - which isn't great but for personal preference is better, as I don't like black backgrounds at all. Hope you have a fabulous holiday with the boys xx
Green on white too here
WCx
Post a Comment